Thank you for your interest in entering Georgia Festival of Trees’ Christmas Gingerbread decorating competition.
By entering, you will be creating Christmas magic for thousands of Atlanta families.
Your creation will directly impact our community by raising essential funds to donate to organizations working to end human trafficking and the sexual exploitation of youth and women right here in Georgia.
To be announced.
- Structure should be constructed on a wooden base not to exceed 18”x18”.
- Structure should not exceed 24” in height.
- No artificial materials, such as Styrofoam or wood, are to be used to construct or decorate the house.
- Use A LOT of Royal Icing to assemble and decorate your structure. Allow each portion to dry and harden before moving.
- Due to the weight of the decorated structure, as well as environmental conditions in the display areas, we suggest always building an infrastructure for support. The houses are on display for an extended period of time and may deteriorate if not enough support is built in or Royal Icing used.
- Use only Royal Icing. We cannot accept structures made with egg or butter icings as they quickly turn rancid and soften – causing the structure to disintegrate.
- Do not use any materials on your structure that require refrigeration (such as prepared Jello, etc).
- Build your structure as sturdy as possible to ensure safe travel.
- Your creation must have a CHRISTMAS theme.
- Be creative – think of ways to make your Christmas Gingerbread Scene stand out.
- Any structure – real or imaginary is eligible for entry.
- Use gingerbread for your main structure. Colorful candies and icing will make you creation look festive and catch the judge’s/buyer’s eye.
- Other than lights inside/outside the structure, all gingerbread creations must be 100% edible. If using lights, include any replacement bulbs and fuses.
- Display tables are covered with cloth. However, you may provide a table covering to compliment your creation. (We will sell any provided covering with your Christmas Gingerbread Scene.)
- Georgia Festival of Trees reserves the right not to display an entry, if the entry is not considered of show quality.
- All creations become the property of the Georgia Festival of Trees upon completion and will be priced and sold as such.